Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sugar free cookies to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Make and share this Sugar Free Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs (seperated)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat gluten flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond flour
- Combine cream cheese, butter and 2 egg yokes in a bowl. Beat until thick, smooth and creamy. Do not under beat. Add the egg whites and beat for another minure. Stop mixer. Add remaining ingredients, then mix at a slow speed or by hand. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes or until it can be handled without sticking.
- Form balls the size of small grapes and put them on a cookie sheet. All room for expansion. Flatten each cookie slighty with your fingertips. Cookies can be pressed flatter using the under side of a mug or glass rubbed with flour to avoid sticking. Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes. Cookies should be barely golden with slightly darker edges.
These were really not good. They had no taste and the dough was horrifically sticky that it was almost impossible to work with, even after refrigerating it. I baked one dozen as "cookies", tried one, and found out they taste (and are textured) more like bread. I added some honey and applesauce and baked the rest of the dough into a loaf of bread, which really wasn't bad.
The cookies were good. The texture was nice, it is almond flour. They were easy to make. I didn't refrigerate them, just droped and flattened with moist fingers. The dough was sticky, but no problem. For a diabetic cookie I'm excited about all the ways I can alter the flavorings. I baked them at 325 for 12 minutes.