Recipe by chylawson
Sugar free cookies to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Top Review by Deal or No Deal
These were really not good. They had no taste and the dough was horrifically sticky that it was almost impossible to work with, even after refrigerating it. I baked one dozen as "cookies", tried one, and found out they taste (and are textured) more like bread. I added some honey and applesauce and baked the rest of the dough into a loaf of bread, which really wasn't bad.
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs (seperated)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat gluten flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, butter and 2 egg yokes in a bowl. Beat until thick, smooth and creamy. Do not under beat. Add the egg whites and beat for another minure. Stop mixer. Add remaining ingredients, then mix at a slow speed or by hand. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes or until it can be handled without sticking.
- Form balls the size of small grapes and put them on a cookie sheet. All room for expansion. Flatten each cookie slighty with your fingertips. Cookies can be pressed flatter using the under side of a mug or glass rubbed with flour to avoid sticking. Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes. Cookies should be barely golden with slightly darker edges.