Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Another one of Nee's diabetic recipes I found stuffed inside a cookbook. She used to make this one for Sunday lunch and we didn't know it was sugar free for years.
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- 1 quart strawberry
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Slice berries and simmer 1 cup of them in 2/3 cups apple juice for 3 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/3 cup apple juice then stir in remaining berries. Stir constantly 1 minute until thick.
- Spread softened cheese over pie crust, put berries which you have mixed with cornstarch and apple juice over the cream cheese layer.
- Pour the cooked berries on top of that layer.
- Chill for 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with light Cool Whip and sliced strawberries.