Recipe by 89240
After spending too much money on store bought sugar free jams, I was given this recipe by a friend. It tastes better than most you find in the store, and is much cheaper. I use granular splenda, and don't measure it, I just add until it tastes sweet enough.
Top Review by Heartspell
This was fantastic!! Easy to make and my grandkids loved it, especially my 5 yo granddaughter. It sets up more like perserves than jam which we like. I have to live low carb for life and this will help me when I just "have to have it!!" Thanks so much!
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons plain gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 6 -10 packets Splenda sugar substitute (or equivalent in granular form)
- 1 -2 tablespoon water, if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw strawberries.
- In a bowl, soften gelatin in 2 tablespoons cold water.
- If your strawberries are whole, crush them, or chop into small pieces.
- Place strawberries into a heavy sauce pan, along with any any juices.
- If they don't have much juice from thawing, add 1-2 tablespoons water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until strawberry pieces are softened.
- Stir in softened gelatin until completely dissoved.
- Remove from heat and stir in Splenda.
- Chill well before serving.
- Note: do not add too much water along with the strawberries, they will probably release enough moisture while heating.