Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 7 mins
This is a 3-ingredient, sugar free, strawberry flavored iced tea. Ingredients are: orange pekoe & black tea, water, and 1 container of Wal-mart's Great Value Sugar Free Strawberry Flavored Drink Mix. Note: Cook time is heating the water and steeping the tea.
- Place tea bags in a 2-quart size glass pitcher.
- In a medium size saucepan, bring 4 cups of water almost to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat, as soon as you see bubbles start to come to the surface.
- Pour the hot water over the tea bags in the glass pitcher.
- Cover the pitcher with plastic wrap, and let the tea steep for 1 hour.
- After one hour; carefully squeeze tea/water from the tea bags into the pitcher; stir, then discard the tea bags.
- Cover the pitcher, then let sit until the tea has cooled down a bit more.
- Once the tea has cooled, add the packet of sugar free strawberry flavored drink mix, and the 4 cups of cold water, and stir.
- Refrigerate the tea until it's chilled, then pour in glasses filled with ice.