Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is great for diabetics. For the sugar, I use either Z Sweet or the "0 Sugar" Product made by Wholesome sweetners. For the egg substitute I use Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer - you mix 1 Tablespoon with 4 Tablespoons water.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg substitute
- 3 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- water, as needed
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together margarine, sweetener, vanilla, and egg substitute. Slowly add flour, salt, baking powder and cornstarch. Then add water 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach a medium consistency (so that you can scoop it and roll it into balls easily).
- In a separate shallow bowl, put the 2 tablespoons of cinnamon.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie batter, then roll it in-between your hands to form a bowl. Roll is lightly through the cinnamon, place on a cookie sheet, and flatten with your hand.
- Space cookies about 1" apart on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, or until the bottom is crisp. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.