Recipe by HeidiRenee
A delicious blend that uses the natural sweetness of milk, and a little Splenda, to make a rich and elegant dessert.
- 1 cup rice
- 5 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot bring the rice, milk and butter to a low boil, stirring it as it heats through. Be careful at this stage - the milk can easily scald to the bottom of the pot. (10 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low. Keep stirring as the mixture transitions to the lower temperature. ( 3 minutes).
- Slowly sprinkle the non-fat dry milk powder into the mixture. (Dumping it all in will create lumps that will take more time to work out).
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Put the rice pudding into dessert bowls and let it cool in the fridge, before serving.
- * Note that this dish can be eaten warm but is typically served cold.