Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great recipe...especially for my diabetic friends.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 (1 g) packets sugar substitute (like sweet and low)
- 2 1⁄2 cups bran flakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dates
- Mix and set aside the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar packets in large bowl.
- Place bran flakes in milk and set aside 2 minutes.
- Add egg and oil and beat well.
- Add flour mixture and stir only until combined.
- Add nuts and raisins or dates.
- Pour into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.