Prep 13 mins
Cook 50 mins
my grandmother is diabetic and i watch what i eat. i saw this recipe at trimlife.com, but i modified my version a bit.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 10 (1 g) packets Equal sugar substitute
- 300 g canned pumpkin or 300 g pumpkin puree
- 177 ml evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put pumpkin and evaporated milk in mixing bowl.
- Break an egg and egg white into the mixture.
- With mixer or wooden spoon, beat mixture until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Pour into custard cups.
- Place water inside casserole pan and put custard cups inches.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425°F.
- Lower temperature to 350°F and bake for another 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
I fully intended to make this in custard cups as stated in the recipe but I would have toss away a part of the can of pumpkin. I increased the amount by one serving and had enough to make a pie, so I did! I used 1/2 a cup of Eggbeaters, a rounded 1/2 cup of Splenda and fat free evaporated milk. I really felt that it would be flat in taste with just the cinnamon so I used 1 1/2 tsp of Mixed Spice - Traditional Old Fashioned English Pudding Spice. It came out great as a crustless pie that was fat and sugar free! :D