Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an adaption of several other recipes. I find it is very moist, and is a wonderful treat for those diabetics in your life.
- 118.29 ml bread flour
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 14.79 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml Splenda granular
- 212.62 g pumpkin puree (1/2 can)
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan, and set aside.
- Combine flours, salt, pumpkin spice, and baking powder in a med sized bowl.
- Combine egg, cannola oil, splenda, pumpkin, and apple sauce in another bowl.
- Mix wet mixture until well blended, slowly add in dry mixture.
- When well mixed, pour into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and lay loaf pan on it's side to remove the bread.
- Slice into 12 and enjoy!
I used Truvia for this recipe instead of Splenda. It tasted great but has a real gummy texture. It baked beautifully and then collapsed to half of its size as it cooled. Will try again using Splenda.