Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
When you're counting your calories, this is a good substitute for real icecream, it's sugar free as well. I don't make it too often because of all the additives in the pudding mix, but its good to have around for a sweet tooth. I use different flavor combos, but my favorite is chocolate fudge pudding with cherry jello.
- 1 box sugar-free instant pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups skim milk, use less if you want it thicker
- 1 pinch or to taste sugar-free jello (optional)
- Mix pudding mix with milk.
- pour into ice cube tray and freeze.
- add ice cubes to blender and puree, adding extra milk for texture.
- add some dry jello to make flavor variations (a little goes a very long way).
- Return to freezer for a firmer texture.
This works supremely well. You can also pour the pudding into your ice cream freezer, if you have one.
This was super good!!! I'm not a fan of most "sugar free" stuff but this was a total treat for me! I used just plain chocolate sf pudding mix... didn't add the jello and was very happy with the results. This is a great substitute for ice-cream even with the regular (full-sugar) jello mix because of the low low fat! Thanks for the great idea!
WOW! I made this using cheesecake flavored pudding, 1 1/2 cups skim milk, and a pinch of strawberry Jell-O. Because of the low-cal, low-carb count, 1 serving is FREE in my daily count. The combination possibilities are endless. I won't stop til I try them all! Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting this winner!