Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by thekingskid.
Top Review by confekshuner
Excellent sugar-free, whole wheat recipe. I made them without the protein powder. The texture was quite good, if a little bit cakey. They have a nice chocolatey flavor. One thing: when I first tried them I detected the taste of applesauce, which was a bit odd (I didn't taste it the next time; not sure if my taste buds adapted or I was just imagining it). Next time I think I'll reduce the applesauce and the baking powder. BUT, this is the third sugar-free brownie recipe I've tried, the best by far, and I'll definitely be making them again.
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons chocolate whey protein powder (2 scoops)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 3 ounces sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate whey protein powder (1 scoop)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend butter, applesauce, splenda, and vanilla. Add eggs, Flour, cocoa, protein powder, baking powder, salt and fold in nuts. Put into a greased 9x13 inch pan bake for 15-20 mins till tooth pick comes out clean).
- Cool cut into squares… 15 Large or 30 Small.
- Mix whipping cream and pudding mix together until firm, add silk and protein powder mix about 2 minutes or until thickened. Keep in refrigerator. Smear over BROWNIES as eaten….