Recipe by Steve P.
A simple to make recipe for pineapple lovers who can't afford the calories of sugar ;)
Top Review by ElaineAnn
This is very good! Being diabetic, I can enjoy a sweet treat without the added sugar! Quick, easy, and very tasty. That makes it 5 star for me. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting Steve.
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) cancrushed unsweetened pineapple or 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter or margarine until soft; add eggs and beat just until blended.
- Stir in pineapple, vanilla and 1 cup chopped nuts.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, Splenda and salt; stir sifted mixture into pineapple mixture just until blended.
- Spoon batter into a well buttered loaf pan.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for about 1 hour; To test for doneness, stick a toothpick into the center of the loaf, bread is done when it comes out clean; start checking after 45 minutes as cooking time can be less or more than 1 hour depending on liquid content of the pineapple which will vary.