Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe on a diabetic recipe site, and after searching here found no recipe for sugar free pecan pie. So here it is! My dad loves this.
- 3 eggs
- 5 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 9 inches pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix eggs with the sugar substitute. Then stir in the syrup, melted butter, and pecan halves.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with dough. Pour in filling and cover edges of pie with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove foil, and then bake for another 25 minutes or until you can insert a knife and it comes out clean.
I made this pie for my boyfriend who has diabetes...I was very excited since he loved the pie and asked me to make it for him again...I enjoyed it as well...WHAT A TREAT!!!!!
I was wanting pecan pie, this was a nice try. I love pecans so I added more...not good. The ones that were submerged got weird soggy since the filling wasn't sugar. The taste and texture was good. Next time I think I will lightly toast the pecans or sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sugar on top to help the pecan get carmelized. I used a regular pie crust, but rolled it out to twice the size to cut the carbs and still be easy. that worked great.