Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pulled off the web in response to a request off the discussion board
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup granular fructose
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packages sugar-free vanilla pudding (not instant)
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Combine water and fructose and simmer over low heat 5 minutes, then cool.
- Mix dry pudding into fructose mixture.
- Add skim milk and eggs and blend well.
- Pour into pie shell and sprinkle pecans and Grape-Nuts on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until top is firm.
- Cool 3 hours before slicing.
I followed the directions for this recipe, but either something was omitted or there was an error. It was absolutely horrible! The filling had a very strange flavor. Four of us tasted the pie, then it was thrown into the trash. I do not recommend it.
This recipe was pretty easy to make. It doesn't take exactly like pecan pie, but is a pretty good alternative for someone with diabetes. I will definitely make this again.