Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My own creation,which is not only almost totally sugar-free, but lower in carbs. It's a wonderful, fattening tasting dessert which pleases even those who can have sugar! Tip: This dessert can also be layered in large dessert glasses, using the same layering as the pie, first layer is the 'crust', then pudding mix, topped with cool whip, drizzled with melted chocolate, and sprinkled with crushed peanuts.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, sugar free
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip
- 1 1⁄4 cups no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, crushed
- Prepare one pecan crust.
- Blend together the pecan, and melted butter.
- Pack it firmly into a pie pan with your hand.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until lightly brown.
- Remove and cool.
- Whisk together the pudding mix and milk until Creamy.
- Add 1/2 cup Cool Whip, and the peanut butter. Mix throughly.
- Pour into the baked, and cooled pie shell, cover with the rest of the Cool Whip.
- Put in freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Melt the two squares of chocolate.
- Remove pie from freezer and drizzle with melted semi sweet chocolate, and the crushed peanuts.
- Cover and chill 2 hours before serving.
I loved this! Instead of making a pie, I layered it in some pretty parfait glasses, and it was spectular! Very eye appealing, and every bit as delicious.I used regular ingredients instead of sugar free or low fat, altho I'm sure its just as good that way. If you are looking for a way to prepare an impressive dessert without a lot of work, this is it!