Recipe by Annacia
As of July 30, 09 I have completly reworked this recipe by replacing the original cake portion. I believe that this is much better
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Before tagging this recipe, reading the previous reviews almost made me change my mind, but then I read the recipe several times & it seemed to me it should work! So . . . here I am telling you that it definitely worked for me, & we had a very nice peach cake! Although I did follow the ingredient list right on down, I did stretch out the baking time as long as I could (probably about 45 minutes, actually) & although it started to brown around the edges, it wasn't burned by any means, & it was nicely done, I thought! Most of it went to my son & DIL's place (I cooked a dinner for those busy, busy people), but enough was kept right here for the 2 of us to enjoy! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
- 0.5 (16 ounce) can peaches in juice, drained and patted dry with paper towel
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup splenda brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free apricot preserves, with NutraSweet brand sweetener or 3 tablespoons apricot fruit spread
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut peach slices into thirds; arrange in bottom of lightly greased 8-inch cake pan.
- Mix applesauce,melted butter, Splenda Brown, egg white, vanilla, and milk in small bowl.
- In another bowl mix together flour, Splenda granulated, baking powder, salt, cinnamon.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just mixed.
- Pour batter over peach in pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven until cake is browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Invert cake immediately onto serving plate.
- Spread fruit topping over warm cake and sprinkle with almonds. Serve warm. Makes 8 servings.
- Fruit Topping: Mix preserves, lemon juice and cornstarch in small saucepan; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in Equal and maple extract.
- Food Exchanges: 1 bread, 1/2 fruit.