Recipe by kayw13
Delicious orange polenta muffins that can be made quickly and easily. You can also add cranberries and nuts to add some variety to this recipe.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup polenta
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all dry ingredients together EXCEPT splenda or sugar, set aside.
- Mix all milk and all orange juice together, set aside.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy, add splenda or sugar and beat until extra light and fluffy (about 2 mins).
- Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Add vanilla and zest, and beat well to combine.
- Fold in half flour mixture, mix slightly, fold in half milk/OJ mixture, mix slightly and repeat flour/OJ mixture combination. Fold until all is well combined.
- Divide into 12 muffin cups (buttered if not using non-stick or silicone), sprinkle brown sugar over the top of each muffin (if using), and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.