Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fast easy oatmeal cookies for the dieter or diabetic in the family. You can add raisins or craisins. This recipe came from a friend and then I changed it to add the splenda instead of sugar. For the oatmeal, I personally used the 3-minute type. I like the cookies because I love cookies and since I am now diabetic I can't have any so of course I think these are great!
- Beat together: shortning, sugars, egg, water, and vanilla until creamy.
- Combine in a separate bowl, flour, salt and soda and cinnamon.
- Add to creamy mixture, then fold in the raisins and oats, mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Makes 5 dozen small or you can make them larger.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.