1/3 Photos of Sugar Free Oatmeal Cake
1 hr 40 mins
This cake tastes really good with a cup of tea. I like to mix in the raisins and nuts instead of sprinkling them on top. I found that they become to dry and over done on top for my taste. I have guessed at the servings as it depends on how you cut it and a lot of the prep time is just letting it sit there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup applesauce (originally ask for 4 ounces, I think thats 1/2 a cup)
- 2 beaten eggs (or 1/2 cup Eggbeaters)
- 1/4 cup honey or 1/4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached self raising flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1Combine the buttermilk and rolled oats in a bowl and set aside for 15-20 minutes until the oats have softened.
- 2While the buttermilk and oats are standing, pre-heat your oven to 350°f and line a standard baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- 3Beat the eggs and add to the oatmeal mix along with the applesauce.
- 4If using honey add to wet ingredients.
- 5It using Splenda add to dry ingredients.
- 6Mix the dry ingredients together, stirring to combine and add to the wet, mixing well.
- 7Transfer the solid batter into the prepared baking tin. Using a wooden spoon, spread the batter to even it out.
- 8Sprinkle the cake with roughly chopped walnuts and sultanas and let it sit for 20 minutes before baking.
- 9Bake cake for approximately 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Free Oatmeal Cake
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.8
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.7 mg
- Sodium 129.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 8.2 g