Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 6 tablespoons nestle quik sugar-free instant chocolate milk mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk (I use 1%)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 cups quick oatmeal
- In food prosessor or mixer bowl add Sugar Free Quik, vanilla, margarine and milk and blend until smooth.
- Add coconut and oatmeal and blend until mixed together well.
- On a cookie sheet place a piece of wax paper and take spoonful of the mixture and roll into a ball place close together.
- Ready to eat in 1 hour.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
Not very good at all - no flavor. After trying them, I added peanut butter to mine to try to reclaim some sort of taste, but still nothing.
I really liked the concept of these, but I didn't like them very much. The taste was good, but I found them to be crumbly and then oddly sticky when chewing. Perhaps it was my brand of sugar free cocoa mix.
I ended up using butter as that was all that my mother had. And I had a really hard time getting it to incorporate. Next time, I think I would probably melt it before hand. I also had to use normal Quik (not sugar-free) because I couldn't find sugar-free in the supermarket. The final taste was GREAT. Thanks for this neat cookie! I am sure that I will make these again. I loved that I didn't have to boil anything!