1 hr 10 mins
my dad is diabetic an I've seen there inst a lot of recipes that are really "safe" for diabetics. as they shouldn't have flour or things high in carbs. Also I go the natural way with stevia or xylitol. for this I use stevioside which is stronger then regular stevia (they didn't have stevioside as an option) so if you are using regular stevia you may want increase it,,, but do it by taste. I always make two cheesecakes at a time for him so he can freeze one and he always has something on hand to eat. I'm also including two variations,,,, personally I like the key lime version better,,, but you decide.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia (stevioside)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 vanilla beans, scraped
- 1Grind the pecans, mix with butter and flour (just helps to hold together, but you don't need it). Put into a 9 inch springform pan.
- 2In a bowl beat cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, stevia until fluffy (this is the point I do the tasting to see if it may need more stevia, everyone's taste is different so add a little at a time til you find what " tastes good to you. I use the stevioside which is stronger then regular stevia).
- 3Beat in eggs, egg whites and cornstarch. pour mixture over crust into springform pan. bake at 300°F until firm in center (45-60 minutes) refrigerate overnight.
- 4Variations: using above recipe.
- 5Key Lime-.
- 6Zest and juice 5 key limes ( they a smaller then regular limes) plus another 3 tbsp of lime juice, omit the vanilla beans if you like. Add at the beginning, at tasting for stevia see if you need more juice.
- 8Use almonds instead of pecans for the crust.
- 9Omit the egg whites and increase eggs to three total. Add 1/3 cup Dutch cocoa.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Free New York Style Cheesecake (Stevia)
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.3
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.4 mg
- Sodium 173.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: