Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on the box of sugar free devils food cake mix from Pillsbury. I made them and they were so darn cute and simple! The filling calls for an oz. package of cream cheese softened, and added to frosting. I decided to leave it out and just spread the frosting that I whipped a little more and they turned out great.
- 1 (16 ounce) devil's food cake mix, Pillsbury Moist Supreme Sugar Free
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) vanilla frosting, Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Sugar Free
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. LIne cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Drop batter onto prepared cookie sheets, preferable using a medium scoop (2 Tablespoon). Spread batter into 2 1/4 inch diametere circles, 2 inches apart. BAke 7 to 10 minutes or utnil center is set. Cook 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove from parchment paper, cook completely on wire rack.
- Beat frosting from container until fluffy in a medium bowl. Add Cream cheese and whip together if using.
- Place half of pies flat side up. Spread with 2 Tablespoons filling in center of each. Top with remaining pies, rounded side up. Press gently to spread filling. Chill if using cream cheese, or serve if not. makes 24 whoopie pie.