1/2 Photos of Sugar Free Jalapeno Jelly With Truvia
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Diane in Nebraska's Note:
I couldn't find a Jalapeno Jelly recipe that used Truvia natural sweetener, so I created one and had great success. The jelly set up perfectly and the flavor is amazing! It's sweet and spicy! The 3 cups of Truvia (0 calories) replaces 8 cups of sugar (6,144 calories). You can choose to use only jalapenos for a spicier jelly or add a couple bell peppers, color of your choosing to soften the spiciness.
My Private Note
8 oz. j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 10 cups fresh jalapenos, 8 cups when finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, leave out if desired
- 1 red bell pepper, leave out if desired
- 1 3/4 cups cider vinegar
- 5 -7 drops green food coloring, leave out if desired
- 2 (1 3/4 ounce) packages Sure-Jell (No sugar needed type in pink box)
- 3 cups Stevia Truvia, natural sweetener
- 1Wash and sterilize 12 - 8oz. canning jars. The 12 lids (not the 12 rings) should be place in a pan of water and brought to a simmer, not boiled and then removed from heat. I try to have jars and lids hot and ready at the same time as the jelly.
- 2Make sure you wear disposable rubber gloves to prepare the jalapenos. Rinse jalapenos, cut off stems, cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs. I seed the jalapenos under water in a large bowl of cold water to keep the peppers from spraying on my skin or in my eyes. I chopped the jalapeno peppers and the bell peppers in a food processor a few at a time. (Some like to chop the entire jalapeno including the seeds, to make it hotter, but I find the seeds do not chop very well. If you don’t mind the seeds this is a much simpler way to make it hotter and to prepare the jalapenos.).
- 3Optional method if you like hotter spicier jelly and don't want seeds in the jelly; try this method: Place all the seeds and ribs from the jalapenos in the pan you will be making the jelly inches Add the cider vinegar, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, strain the vinegar to use for the jelly and discarded the seeds and ribs. I prefer not so spicy, but my husbands loves it and I'm always trying to find ways to make it spicier (I even used a few habenero peppers in a batch) !
- 4In a large pan, add finely chopped jalapenos, finely chopped red, green and/or yellow peppers (remember bell peppers are optional. I like them because they add color and tone down the spiciness), and cider vinegar. Bring to a simmer, add food coloring (opt) and stir in 2 pkgs. Sure-Jell (VERY IMPORTANT to use the "No sugar needed" style, in the pink box) to the peppers. Turn heat to med/high and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil you can not stir down) and boil exactly one minute. Remove from heat and stir in Truvia Sweetener.
- 5Use a ladle and fill hot sterilized jars with hot jelly, make sure to leave about ½” of air space for better sealing. Wipe top of rim with clean damp towel to remove any drips. Place hot lid on top and screw ring on snugly, but not real tight. You want to allow air to escape for better sealing.
- 6Fill a canning kettle or large pot (with bottom rack) with water, and bring water to a boil. Gently lower jars into water. Water should cover jars by at least 1". Bring water to a full boil. Reduce heat to a gentle boil, cover, and process for 5 minutes. When processed, carefully remove jars from water using tongs or a jar-lifter. Place upside-down on a rack or thick towels, and let cool without moving for 12-24 hours. Jars will make popping sounds while cooling if sealed. Remove ring, wipe jars with a clean damp towel, put ring back on and store in your pantry until ready to use.
- 7To check the seal just press down on lid, if you are able to push it and the lid flexes it is not sealed but will keep well in the in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 8To serve, stir to soften, pour over an 8 oz softened block of cream cheese, add a knife and let guests spread on assorted crackers. Or gently mix jelly and cream cheese until coarsely mixed and serve as a dip or spread.
- 9Make a great glaze on fish, chicken or pork!
- 10Great PB & JJ sandwich (peanut butter and Jalapeno Jelly) !
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Free Jalapeno Jelly With Truvia
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: