- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 3 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT THE FRUIT, but ADD THE COCOA if using, to pint size ziplock bag and zip shut.
- Place bag into quart sized Ziplock bag.
- Add crushed ice to fill quart sized Ziplock bag 1/2 full.
- Add 6 tablespoons salt to ice and zip shut.
- Place quart Ziplock bag inside a gallon Ziplock bag.
- Zip bag shut and shake, turn, toss [carefully] and mix in the bag.
- In about 5 to 10 minutes, you will have yummy ice cream.
- Do not double this recipe.
- The two bags are needed because the one containing salt and ice tends to spring leaks when shaking it up.
- Spoon into a bowl, add fruit [if used], and serve immediately.
- NOTE: Nonfat milk may be substituted by whole milk. Artificial sweetener by be substituted by 1 TBSP sugar. Vanilla extract may be substituted by any other flavot you wish. Cocoa powder may be substituted by frozen, minced fruit [1/8 cup]. Also, up to 1 tablespoon of artificial sweetener such as Splenda or Altern may be used.
- The Nutritional Guide artificially elevates sugars in this recipe, since the body does not recognize sugar substitutes as sugar.