Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in the Favorite Brand Name Recipes, May 2010 cookbooklet, Smoothies and Summer Drinks.
- 1⁄8 cup warm water
- 1⁄8 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute (substitute to equal that amount of sweetening)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup ice
- Put water, half-and-half, cocoa, instant coffee, sugar substitute & vanilla in a blender & process on low speed until blended.
- Add the ice & blend on high speed until smooth.
- Serve immediately over ice.
This was great! I tried to reduce the sugar a little, and I wouldn't recommend that...I added it back in after tasting! It was icy and great on a warm morning! I'll make it again, for the depth of flavor and ease of preparation! Thanks for sharing, Syd!
I had this for a bit of a naughty breakfast treat yesterday. What I enjoyed though was that it wasn't actually all that naughty. We don't have half and half in the UK, so I used light soy milk but other than that kept with the recipe. It was a bit thick, I agree, but I just upped the quantity of soy milk to think it out slightly. Made for vegetarian swap.
This was very refreshing on a hot day! This drink is very easy to vary to personal taste- personally I found the chocolate too strong and the coffee too weak so would change the amounts of those next time. Thanks for this lovely diet recipe!