Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Modeled after an Alton Brown recipe.
Make and share this Sugar-Free Hot Cocoa Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 24 (1 g) packets Equal sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda (omit if using Dutch-process cocoa powder)
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional) or 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- Whisk everything together in a bowl. Sift into a storage container.
- To serve, mix 2 level tablespoons with 8 ounces of very hot water or milk. Stir well.
This tastes and reacts the same as the name brand mentioned in the previous review..I LOVE THIS recipe..I had only one change. When I got to the bottom of the sifting, my milk powder had small bits of milk powder not sifted..so I popped it into a spice grinder (actually, a coffee grinder used for only spice) and pulverized it..all powder now..TASTES GREAT IN COFFEE TOO! Just FYI..
very good sugar free cocoa mix! i will be using this recipe again! like the cayenne pepper for a little extra kick!