Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
seen posted here by --jb4--, just made an adjustment to substitute the sugar for Splenda and remove the lemon slices, to see what the carbs would be.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups cold water
- Stir together sugar and 1/2 cup boiling water until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in lemon rind, lemon juice, and 5 cups cold water.
- Pour into a 2 quart pitcher.
- Chill 8 hours.
- Serve over ice.
With lemons from our back-yard lemon tree, hubby and I made this, but without the lemon rinds. Fresh, delicious, perfectly sweet!