Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from Carbohydrate Counting Made Easy Cookbook, Sponsored By: The Diabetes Support Group At Knoxville Area Community Hospital. Chef joeknee told me she uses 2 1/2 tablespoons Splenda, that will be helpful, as my recipe did not say how much to use.
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 7 cups skim milk (divided)
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 -2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- sugar substitute
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- Combine pudding, 2 cups milk, vanilla and sugar substitute in a bowl; mix according to pudding directions.
- Pour into a half gallon container with tight fitting lid.
- Add 3 cups milk; shake well.
- Add evaporated milk and shake.
- Add remaining milk; shake well.
This is a holiday favorite. I add fresh grated nutmeg to make it more like the traditional nog I love. Try the leftovers in your coffee the next morning! YUMMMY!
I can't believe that nobody has tried this yet! It's amazing how much it does taste like eggnog. I made a single serving as a trial run and I used a "generous" 1/4 tsp of rum extract. It was delicious and it's a keeper. I'll be using this recipe for eggnog not only for drinking but for making eggnog cakes, cookies and breads. Thanks for posting this one Char :D