Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Trying to find an awesome Red Velvet Cake for my gluten free and sugar free customers and this is finally a great cake. It can also be made just gluten free by using the cake flour mixture only found here Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour, Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons guar gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups xylitol sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 ounce red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Grease and flour (2) 9 or 10 inches pans. Sift all dry ingredients together and set aside. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in sour cream, vanilla, and coloring. Gradually mix in dry ingredients on low speed until well blended But do not over beat.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Made this today into cupcakes - I did leave out the red food coloring because I didn't have it on hand - batter was thick, baked it was light and airy! Everyone loved it!