Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My wife is diabetic and can no longer enjoy her favorite dessert. This is a simple "beginner" recipe that we can all adapt as we experiment with it.
- 1 (2 ounce) packagecook & serve fat free sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups low-fat milk or 3 cups skim milk
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) low fat graham cracker pie crust or 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- Using a Sugar-Free, Fat-Free, Cook & Serve chocolate pudding product such as Jello brand, prepare filling according to package instructions, stirring as it heats.
- When mixture begins to boil, add pecans and coconut, mixing well.
- Continue stirring while filling returns to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Transfer filling to pie crust.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.