Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My father has a sweet tooth and recently developed diabetes. A friend shared this easy recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 24 packets Equal sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Lightly grease 8" square pan with non-stick spray.
- Melt margarine over low heat.
- Add chocolate and stir just until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in sweetener and vanilla.
- Combine chocolate mixture with cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into 1" squares.
- Store in refrigerator.
This turned out pretty bitter, probably because of the sugar substitute. We added peanut butter and that helped a bit. Still won't make it again.
Absolutely a waste of ingredients.. SOme sugar free stuf I really like, but sorry this was horrid!!!! went straight to the trash can
I originally gave this recipe a 2 because it tastes mostly like cream cheese and doesn't set up very well. My dad, however, liked it and since he was the one I made it for, I'll give it his rating. If you like cream cheese, you'll like this.