Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been using this icing since I have been Diabetic. Versatile cream cheese frosting flavored with sugar-free instant pudding. It will frost one 9x13 or one 2-layer cake. Use any flavor of pudding mix.
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) containerfrozen light whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk.
- Mix well and let stand until thickened.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add pudding and mix well.
- Finally, fold in whipped topping.
- Makes 1 frosting for 1 cake.
I used this recipe for a cake I took to a Senior Citizens activity center. Alot of them are diabetic but just love anything sweet. Anyway, this was for St. Patrick's Day, so I used sugar-free, instant Pistachio pudding mix in place of the chocolate. It made a very nice and fluffy frosting and they all just loved it! Thanks for sharing this recipe!!
I made this frosting to cover a sugar free angel food cake...it was very good. I used half of the milk suggested to mix the pudding and used heavy cream to thin the pudding/cream cheese mixture and then folded the cool whip in. It was very fluffy and very easy to work with...thanks for the great recipe!
This recipe could frost two 9 x 13 cakes in our family. It is full of flavor and light and creamy. I have only used the chocolate but will try other flavors.