Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
For those of you who wish to watch the waistline, or cannot have sugar or fat for health reasons, this is a tasty bread which I make twice a week for my Dear Wife, who is diabetic. She highly enjoys it, and I hope you do, too. [This is highly adapted and readapted from the Bread Machine instruction book.]
- 1 2⁄3 cups room temperature water
- 2 tablespoons fat-free margarine
- 9 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free syrup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 2⁄3 cups unbleached whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add the ingredients according to your instruction manual, set the machine to a 2 pound loaf, choose your desired crust, and bake. Enjoy!
- This goes well with the DragonFyre Oil Recipe or for consumption as a daily bread.
WONDERFUL!! This bread has a great texture and taste. It is not heavy. I used 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white flour. YUM....I am going to make this bread for my family instead of buying it from now on. Thanks for this recipe!!!
Thank you, this is a great recipe :-) as it was super easy to make and did not need a lot of ingredients (which is great!). Thank you for the post.
What a great basic bread recipe this is! We enjoyed several slices warm with ff margarine and later, in a sandwich. I did add 1/4 cup milled flax seed and the same amount of water to the flour mix. Thanks for sharing this!