1/2 Photos of Sugar-Free, Fat-Free French Toast
Wicked Creations's Note:
Since I am dieting and have to watch my sugar, I came up with this staple and have many versions of the guilt free french toast-this is my new favorite...yummy! This recipe uses gluten-free bread Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Wheat/Cinnamon Raisin. I usually do overnight soaking them in the egg wash to soften them up, so they can retain the goodness and yumminess of the ingredients since the bread is very chewy-hard to begin with. This process does not make it soggy, makes it better to cook with!! This recipe is enough for four slices of the bread. Preparation includes overnight soak. Food.com does not recognize a new item on the market called Ideal Confectionery-Its a powdered sugar substitute that is almost the real deal-great on anything!! No after taste and all natural!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg white
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 29.58 ml sugar substitute (granular)
- 59.14 ml skim milk (sometimes I use Almond milk)
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml torani sugar-free caramel syrup or 59.14 ml vanilla syrup
- 4 slice whole wheat bread, cinnamon raisin (Ezekiel's 4 ( 9)
- sugar-free syrup
- sugar-free jelly or sugar-free jam
- 1Mix all ingredients together-whisk thoroughly in a small dish.
- 2Dip both sides of the bread and set in a small overnight dish.
- 3Add remaining of the egg wash to the french toasts.
- 4Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Uncover and cook on stovetop with non-stick spray.
- 6Serve warm with Ideal Confectionery (substitute powdered sugar), sugar free syrup or sugar-free jelly/jam!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar-Free, Fat-Free French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 170.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free caramel syrup