Prep 8 hrs
Cook 24 hrs
Since I am dieting and have to watch my sugar, I came up with this staple and have many versions of the guilt free french toast-this is my new favorite...yummy! This recipe uses gluten-free bread Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Wheat/Cinnamon Raisin. I usually do overnight soaking them in the egg wash to soften them up, so they can retain the goodness and yumminess of the ingredients since the bread is very chewy-hard to begin with. This process does not make it soggy, makes it better to cook with!! This recipe is enough for four slices of the bread. Preparation includes overnight soak. Food.com does not recognize a new item on the market called Ideal Confectionery-Its a powdered sugar substitute that is almost the real deal-great on anything!! No after taste and all natural!!
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute (granular)
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk (sometimes I use Almond milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup torani sugar-free caramel syrup or 1⁄4 cup vanilla syrup
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cinnamon raisin (Ezekiel's 4 ( 9)
- sugar-free syrup
- sugar-free jelly or sugar-free jam
- Mix all ingredients together-whisk thoroughly in a small dish.
- Dip both sides of the bread and set in a small overnight dish.
- Add remaining of the egg wash to the french toasts.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover and cook on stovetop with non-stick spray.
- Serve warm with Ideal Confectionery (substitute powdered sugar), sugar free syrup or sugar-free jelly/jam!