This recipes uses Splenda, granulated and fat free half and half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note – if you wish to use rum, use 1 cup (235 mL) dark rum in place of the 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract.
- 2Mix together first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan. Set aside.
- 3Whisk egg yolks; add to SPLENDA® Granulated mixture whisking until blended. Gradually whisk in milk.
- 4Cook over low heat, whisking constantly until the temperature reaches 175°, approximately (5 to 8 minutes). Remove from heat and whisk in half and half; cool.
- 5Cover and chill 3 hours or up to 3 days. Stir in rum or vanilla just before serving.
- 615 servings. Prep time : 20 minutes, cooking time: 5-10 minutes.
- 7Land O' Lakes Fat Free Half and Half.
- 8It looks and tastes like half and half, but it's made mostly of skim milk (and a little carrageenan for body) instead of half cream and half whole milk. That can revolutionize a typical Fettuccine Alfredo recipe, which could easily call for a quarter-cup (or more!) of heavy cream per serving, at the unsightly cost of 22 grams of fat, 14 of them saturated -- not including the butter or Parmesan cheese.
- 9With Fat Free Half and Half, those numbers drop to zero, but the flavor doesn't budge.
- 10You can also indulge in a tablespoon or two of Land O' Lakes for your coffee, macaroni and cheese, or mashed potatoes. You won't save as much because each tablespoon of whole milk or real half and half has only a gram or two of fat. But if you use two or three tablespoons per cup of coffee -- and drink two or three cups a day -- maybe a pint of Fat Free Half and Half belongs in your fridge.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Free Eggnog
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 88.2 mg
- Sodium 82.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: