Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yummy, protein-filled drink that won't affect your blood sugar! Being pregnant with gestational diabetes during the holidays is a killer, but I've found a way to enjoy egg nog and get my protein AND sweet fix!
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (or egg substitute)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- non-dairy whipped topping (optional)
- Mix milk, egg substitute and pudding together, adding a dash of spices.
- For extra decadance, I add French Vanilla whip cream!
- When drink is frothy, either pour into a cup, add another dash of nutmeg and enjoy,.
- or refrigerate until cold.
- I like to use an immersion blender to mix ("boat motor").
- I also like to add hot chocolate mix to my egg nog, so I'll bet that chocolate pudding would be yummy too.
- Be careful if heating for a hot drink - the eggs get a little curdled.
- "Cook time" is chill time.
I used Egg Beaters egg whites and extra sugar free pudding mix to make it creamier. It turned out great! I recommend going really light on the nutmeg and cinnamon--just use it as a topper. This tastes fine as a drink and is excellent to use in eggnog pancakes or other eggnog baked goods.