Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I use this for my diabetic friends who come on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I got this recipe from an Equal recipe card somewhere.
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup Equal sugar substitute (or 24 packets Equal sugar substitute or 7 1/4 teaspoons Equal sugar substitute)
- Combine water and cranberries in a medium saucepan. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat.
- Boil gently, uncovered, over medium heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally (skins will pop).
- Remove from heat mash slightly.
- Stir in Equal; cover and chill.
This is really very good! I gave it a try, I am having a guest over for Thanksgiving dinner who is not able to eat sugar, I gave it a shot before hand, and I really like it. Thanks. Yak
Seeing where i am a diabetic myself i am always on the hunt for good diabetic recipes. Came across this recipe and made it as i wanted some to go with our christmas meal coming up. I really liked the taste. Thankyou so much.
I did a test run of this but only used 1/2 cup splenda for baking. I could still taste the splenda but I am pretty sensitive to sweeteners. My two friends thought the sauce was good. I used a 10oz frozen bag of cranberries. The recipe was very easy!