Recipe by Mousehouse62
My husband is a diabetic and LOVES this little snack. A cup of coffee or hot chocolate and a few of these makes a great comfort!
Top Review by devnzac
I made these last night. They are good. They are a little sweet for me... but I am not that used to artificial sweetners. For sugar-free they are very good. edited... I made these again & reduced the Splenda to 1.5 cups... and they turned out great!
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped/slivered/sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- I use my kitchenaid mixer to do this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat eggs, egg whites, Splenda and almond extract until smooth.
- Add flour, baking pwdr.
- ,soda and salt.
- Mix until well blended.
- This will be a sticky batter.
- Add cranberries and almonds and mix until incorporated.
- Divide dough in 1/2 making long but flat dough lined on a greased parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 300 degrees.
- Slice with serated knife each roll about 20 slices.
- I start on a diaganol and keep slicing till the end.
- Stand each slice up on bottom and bake at least 25- 30 minutes.
- Watch so they don't overbrown.
- Cool on wire racks.