Recipe by Mavis 74
This is the best recipe for Coconut Cream and Chocolate Silk pies that I have ever eaten. You don't miss the sugar.
Top Review by fredawelch
Sugar free pudding comes in 1.7 or 2.1 ounces, so the 6 pz. Designation has to be wrong. I used the small box and the consistency was just right. No way could you mix 6 ozs.with 1 cup of milk. It is a great pie, with 1 sm. box of pudding.
- 1 frozen unbaked pie shell
- 167.26 g box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml coconut extract
- 118.29 ml coconut flakes
- 2 (453.59 g) container Cool Whip Topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake pie crust according to directions on back of package. While baking heat skillet and toast 1 Tbsp coconut flakes until golden brown.
- Mix milk, coconut extract and pudding mix together. When well blended add coconut flakes then half of Cool Whip. Once blended well pour into baked pie crust and smooth. Let set for 10 minutes in refrigerator. When ready to serve top with remaining Cool Whip and toasted flakes.
- ** You can use the same concept with chocolate pudding mix and make a Chocolate Silk pie that is wonderful.