Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the best recipe for Coconut Cream and Chocolate Silk pies that I have ever eaten. You don't miss the sugar.
- 1 frozen unbaked pie shell
- 167.26 g box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml coconut extract
- 118.29 ml coconut flakes
- 2 (453.59 g) container Cool Whip Topping
- Bake pie crust according to directions on back of package. While baking heat skillet and toast 1 Tbsp coconut flakes until golden brown.
- Mix milk, coconut extract and pudding mix together. When well blended add coconut flakes then half of Cool Whip. Once blended well pour into baked pie crust and smooth. Let set for 10 minutes in refrigerator. When ready to serve top with remaining Cool Whip and toasted flakes.
- ** You can use the same concept with chocolate pudding mix and make a Chocolate Silk pie that is wonderful.
Sugar free pudding comes in 1.7 or 2.1 ounces, so the 6 pz. Designation has to be wrong. I used the small box and the consistency was just right. No way could you mix 6 ozs.with 1 cup of milk. It is a great pie, with 1 sm. box of pudding.
This is fabulous! I made this today as my first diabetic dessert. I can honestly say I won't miss my nightly fix of ice cream.
saw this recipe around Christmas time & made it for me & my Uncle since we are both diabetics. It was WONDERFUL!! I have made this many times since & my husband loves it even though it's sugar free!!