Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are so easy to make, it's hard to believe they are sugar-free. The aroma in the air while baking is heavenly. These cookies are like a cinnamon roll and sugar cookie rolled into one.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar substitute
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Beat margarine, sugar replacement, egg and vanilla until creamy. Add flour mixture, stirring to mix completely. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape level tablespoons of cookie dough into balls and roll each one in mixture of cinnamon and walnuts. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inch apart.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan immediately.
I had a small taste of these and they taste pretty good. But the real test came in when my diabetic father who hates sugar free desserts requested a third helping. I do use Xylitol sugar replacement.
Melt in your mouth, delicious cookies. One thing I might change next time is to reduce the salt a little, but other wise my whole family loved them. Thank you V for posting these lovely cookies. Made for Bevy Tag.