Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this online and have made it several times where it's been gobbled up by diabetics and non-diabetics alike! I hope you'll like it, too!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup fat-free cool whip
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold nonfat milk
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- DOUGH: In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil and add flour all at once, stirring until a smooth ball forms.
- Remove from the heat: let stand for 5 minutes and add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition: continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Transfer to a resealable plastic bag, seal, and cut a 1" hole in one corner of the bag.
- Pipe eight 3 1/2" logs onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450F for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 400F and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and immediately put a slit in each to allow steam to escape; cool and carefully cut off tops.
- Set tops aside and remove soft dough from the inside with a fork.
- VANILLA FILLING: In a mixing bowl, beat milk, vanilla, and pudding on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened, fold in whipped topping and set aside.
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING: In another mixing bowl, beat milk and chocolate pudding for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon vanilla filling into eclairs, replace tops and frost with chocolate topping.
easy to do and really yummy, the vanilla filling is incredible... My daughter always bring me some from the conner pastry place. Mine were better except for the chocolate on top, ever though its really good, I need to fine another recipe for the chocolate topping.. any suggestions...(more sweet)
The eclair dough was surprisingly easy to make!! Great to use as a base for all kinds of different fillings. Great recipe overall
I made these yesterday and they were a hit! Even my daughter's friend, who normally runs from sugar free stuff, said he never would have known it was sugar free if I hadn't told him. I did change the topping though, I bought a tub of Sugar free chocolate frosting and added it to the top. I also used Sugar free Cool Whip instead of Fat free, since fat free cool whip has just as much sugar as the regular whipped topping. Awesome sugar free treat! Thanks!