Recipe by Jellyqueen
I found this online and have made it several times where it's been gobbled up by diabetics and non-diabetics alike! I hope you'll like it, too!
Top Review by Crimson Thyme
I made these yesterday and they were a hit! Even my daughter's friend, who normally runs from sugar free stuff, said he never would have known it was sugar free if I hadn't told him. I did change the topping though, I bought a tub of Sugar free chocolate frosting and added it to the top. I also used Sugar free Cool Whip instead of Fat free, since fat free cool whip has just as much sugar as the regular whipped topping. Awesome sugar free treat! Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup fat-free cool whip
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold nonfat milk
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
Directions See How It's Made
- DOUGH: In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil and add flour all at once, stirring until a smooth ball forms.
- Remove from the heat: let stand for 5 minutes and add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition: continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Transfer to a resealable plastic bag, seal, and cut a 1" hole in one corner of the bag.
- Pipe eight 3 1/2" logs onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450F for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 400F and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and immediately put a slit in each to allow steam to escape; cool and carefully cut off tops.
- Set tops aside and remove soft dough from the inside with a fork.
- VANILLA FILLING: In a mixing bowl, beat milk, vanilla, and pudding on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened, fold in whipped topping and set aside.
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING: In another mixing bowl, beat milk and chocolate pudding for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon vanilla filling into eclairs, replace tops and frost with chocolate topping.