Recipe by the werecat
an absolutely fantastic ultra rich chocolate cheese cake recipe I converted to sugar free from a recipe originally listed on the www.KraftFoods.com site.
Top Review by laura h.
This was pretty decent but beware of the amount of cocoa powder. It was overpowering and tuned out most of the sweetness. I would use 1 cup instead maybe even 3/4 cup would still be pretty chocolatey. That was the only issue.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar-free chocolate cream-filled cookies (about 18 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute (or equivalent sweetener)
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3 eggs
- whipped cream
- fresh fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat your oven to 325oF if using a silver 9 inch spring form pan; 300oF if using a dark non-stick 9 inch spring form pan. Mix crushed cookies and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Sift together splenda and unsweetened cocoa. Set aside. Beat cream cheese, vanilla and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add dry ingredients and beat to completely incorporate. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 – 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Run Knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Top with whipped topping and fruit.
- Helpful hints:.
- *Cream cheese can be softened by microwaving on high for 30 – 45 seconds.
- *For ease of serving; lightly butter ring of spring form pan and line the bottom with a circle of wax or parchment paper as well as lining the sides with strips of wax or parchment. Lightly buttering the sides and bottom help the paper to stick and when it’s ready to serve when you take the ring off you just have to carefully peal the parchment/wax paper off. The sides of the cake don’t get mangled this way.