1/1 Photo of Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
This is a recipe for sugar free chocolate cake. I discovreed while trying to bake with Splenda that it rejects oil/ fat, making cakes disgustingly greasy, and leaving a bad aftertaste. This cake is fluffy and tastes like chocolate cake, not overpowering or leaving a horrible aftertaste. It's also moist and fluffy. It's really cake! It reminds me in texture of those cakes that come for the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2In a small saucepan warm the 1/2 cup milk, 1/3 cup Granulated Splenda, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add in the 1/4 cup Hershey's Unsweetened cocoa powder and mix until blended. Pour the chocolate into a cup or small bowl for use later.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl beat the two eggs. Add in the 1 cup granulated Splenda, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/8 teaspoon (or a pinch) of salt, 2/3 cup powdered milk, 2/3 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 cup vegetable oil. Combine. Add in the chocolate from earlier, and mix til blended. Add the 1/2 cup milk a little at a time to thin the batter. It should be just a little watery.
- 4Pour into a buttered round nine-inch pan. Should take about 20 minutes to cook depending on the oven. Check it at 15 to get an idea about how much longer to leave it. When a toothpick comes out clean from the center, then it's done. The cake should be fluffy, but more cohesive than regular cake. It won't fall apart. Almost reminds me of a sponge, but fluffier -- Tastes good though.
- 5The cake I made was in a glass rectangle pan (not very wide), and it came out an inch thick. For my purposes that was fine, but if you want a taller cake, it would be a good idea to make two and have the cake be two layers to make up height. If you can find a good sugar free frosting recipe or put sugar free pudding in the center between layers that would make it even better. Or if you can double the recipe. I don't know how that works. I think it involves math of some kind, something about not doubling the salt or sugar or something.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (658 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2113.4
- Calories from Fat 1378
- Total Fat 153.1 g
- Saturated Fat 37.2 g
- Cholesterol 488.9 mg
- Sodium 1710.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 56.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: