Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very good sugar free recipe. Wanting to see the nutritional information as well as wanting to share. Prep and cook time just estimates.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip light
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend dry ingredients well.
- Add salad dressing, water and vanilla, mix well.
- Pour into two 8 or 9 inch cake pans or one 13X9x2 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until done.
- When cool, top with sugar-free whipped topping if desired.
I did not like this at all.
Followed the recipe to a "T", guessing 25 - 30 minutes to bake since no exact time given. Was not moist, dry. Diabetic husband is not picky, but he said he'd pass on this . . me, too. Sorry.
This is a decent low calorie moist snack. I made no changes and did not top with whipped cream, and that would definitely help to add some sweetness. This is a good, basic snack cake with a mild chocolate flavor when you want something to munch on, especially when watching calories.