Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by A Better Jennifer.
- 6 egg whites or 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil or 2⁄3 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups carrots (4-6 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 16 teaspoons Equal sugar substitute (16 packets Equal , 16 grams NutraSweet , each packet equaling sweetness of 2 teaspoons sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Stir together egg, apple juice concentrate, oil, and water. Set aside. Sift together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Put raisins in warm water to plump. Meanwhile, grate carrots, and spray 2 round 9" cake pans with non-stick pan spray. Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drain raisins, and fold in carrots and raisins.
- Pour into cake pans, and bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes. Then reduce heat to 325°F for 8 to 12 more minutes. Serve cooled (even refrigerated) with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Sugar-Free Cream Cheese Frosting 1 1/2 cups light cream cheese 1 1/2 Tablespoons margarine, softened 16 packets Equal® (16 grams NutraSweet®; each packet equaling sweetness of 2 teaspoons sugar) 2 teaspoons vanilla 0-2 Tablespoons 1% milk to thin frosting Beat together cream cheese and margarine. Then stir in Equal®, and milk till powder is moistened. Beat until smooth and spread on Carrot Cake. Frosts 2 9" round layers of cake or two dozen cupcakes.