- 9 inches double crust, pie
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 3⁄4 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Recipe says make enough pastry dough for a 9 inch double crust pie then put it in the refrigerator over night. This will make the crust much more flaky and it will roll out easier.
- Pre heat at 400 degrees.
- Mix together egg and water to make a egg wash. This will give the crust a rich golden brown color when baked.
- Mix together in a bowl blueberries, splenda, flour, cinnamon, allspice, salt, then pour into prepared pie crust. Drizzle lemon juice over mixture then drop butter on top of mixture. Add top crust,cut slits in top to vent and brush with egg wash.Cut slits in top crust to vent and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool at least 2 hours before serving.