Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This came from Obesity Help. I have not tried this recipe, posting for safe keeping.
- 9 inches double crust, pie
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 3⁄4 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- Recipe says make enough pastry dough for a 9 inch double crust pie then put it in the refrigerator over night. This will make the crust much more flaky and it will roll out easier.
- Pre heat at 400 degrees.
- Mix together egg and water to make a egg wash. This will give the crust a rich golden brown color when baked.
- Mix together in a bowl blueberries, splenda, flour, cinnamon, allspice, salt, then pour into prepared pie crust. Drizzle lemon juice over mixture then drop butter on top of mixture. Add top crust,cut slits in top to vent and brush with egg wash.Cut slits in top crust to vent and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool at least 2 hours before serving.
Was easy to make I mixed up the seasonings and the splenda and flour first too..... very tasty!!! My boyfriend who is diabetic absolutely loved it and so did I.
Best Blueberry Pie. Easy to make and a big hit.
This sugarfree blueberry pie recipe IS A KEEPER!!!! I used 6 cups of blueberries instead of 5, but only because I had an extra cup, so I tossed them in. I did NOT refrigerate the pie dough overnight, and I mixed the sugar substitute, flour, cinnamon and allspice together first and then added that mix to the berries just so there'd be less stirring. I used a 9-inch pie pan (didn't have a 10-inch) and covered the crust edges with strips of tinfoil. If (next week!!!) I am not a fan of refrigerated pie crusts (from the dairy case in most supermarkets) but if you use them, the egg/water glaze, I think, will help.