Top Review by Celantiis
I made several changes to the recipe and I'm not sure how the muffins would have turned out if I didn't, so I'm not giving it the full 5 stars. I can tell you that I added 1/2 cup of oil, used no lemon, and 1 full cup of cornmeal. They were some of the best muffins I have ever had, and what a fabulous idea to use apple juice concentrate!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup prune puree or 1⁄2 cup prune baby food
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, unthawed (divided)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat 18, 2 3/4-inch muffin tin cups with vegetable cooking spray.
- In mixer bowl, combine concentrate, puree, buttermilk and eggs, beat thoroughly.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt; add to wet ingredients with cornmeal and lemon peel; mix just until blended.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of the blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin cups, dividing equally.
- Top each muffin with a few of the remaining blueberries.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until pick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.