Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This wonderful sauce can be made with any berry fruit. Either fresh or frozen will work. I drizzle it over angel food cake and top my pancakes with it!
- In a saucepan mix berries, splenda, water and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool If using berries with seeds strain through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing down to catch all liqiuds.
- Discard seeds and solids.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- This can be reheated if topping something warm.
- Now top your pancakes, waffles, cakes and even ice cream with this wonderfully sweet and healthy sugar free sauce!
Again my DD made this for a sleep over she was hosting. Servered with homemade chocolate chip waffles. I used strawberries. The girls thought they were at a restaurant. We all enoyed this will make again.