Recipe by Me'Shell
This wonderful sauce can be made with any berry fruit. Either fresh or frozen will work. I drizzle it over angel food cake and top my pancakes with it!
Top Review by Jules211
Again my DD made this for a sleep over she was hosting. Servered with homemade chocolate chip waffles. I used strawberries. The girls thought they were at a restaurant. We all enoyed this will make again.
- 1 cup fresh berries or 1 cup frozen berries
- 6 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan mix berries, splenda, water and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool If using berries with seeds strain through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing down to catch all liqiuds.
- Discard seeds and solids.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- This can be reheated if topping something warm.
- Now top your pancakes, waffles, cakes and even ice cream with this wonderfully sweet and healthy sugar free sauce!